Sunday 20 March 2011

sunday sunday

I've got that usual restless Sunday feeling today. Does anyone else get it? Since I was a child I have always found Sunday to be the most boring day of the week; it just has a feeling about it, sort of like you're just waiting for Monday to come around I suppose.


Image from http://styleofafashionista.blogspot.com/

I bought this gorgeous crochet dress from H&M on Thursday, and am absolutely in love with it already. It was a bargain at £19.99 and, although I bought it with the intention of it being a summer staple, wore it for a trip to the pub on Friday night layered over a black Topshop bodycon dress, black opaque tights and my Doc Martens for a more winter-friendly look! H&M were also stocking crochet tees in the same style, in both white and black, for about £12.99; I think i might be popping back soon to invest in the black.

Mint green chiffon blouse, £19.99, H&M
  I'm also planning on buying this lovely cropped blouse with embroidery detail, which is also available in black and white. This mint green colour is quite unusual though, and would be great for a hint of the returning pastel trend this year, and I love the romantic floaty sleeves.


Barry M nail paint in Mushroom (310)
I also picked up this Barry M nail polish in a lovely mushroom brown colour. I have recently discovered a love of more subtle nail polish shades after my sister bought me a Max Factor nailfinity polish in Percolated Pink (732); a dusky pink colour which is definitely more sophisticated than my usual choice of black or bright red. Saying that, I also have my eye on the Models Own nail polish in Orangeade; a neon orange colour with lots of glitter!
I've never used any of the Models Own nail polish so it would be great to know what you all think of the product. I don't normally spend £5 on a polish, my favourite brands for nails being Barry M and Rimmel. Have you used any of the nail polishes? Would you reccommend them? Which colours are your favourites?


Last night I stayed in to watch 'New York, I Love You' and I highly reccommend it to everyone! I picked it up for £7 in the HMV sale, having had my eye on it for a while. I watched 'Paris Je T'aime', a film by the same producer, a couple of years ago and was completely taken aback by it; the cinematography was stunning and it was so interesting to see how the various directors' styles contrasted in each short film. 'New York, I Love You' continues in a similar vein, with various short films by different directors pieced together to make a feature length movie that really explores the beauty and versatility of New York.

Apparently, more films are planned for this fantastic 'Cities of Love' series with 'Moscow, I Love You' having been showcased at a Russian film festival last year. Fingers crossed it will be hitting UK shores soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment