Monday 14 March 2011

style focus: one of my kind

I've decided to start a new 'style focus' feature on the blog where I will look at a shop/blog/designer that I find exciting, inspiring or simply lust worthy(!) that week. 

This week's find definitely falls into the latter category. One Of My Kind is an Australian eBay store who sell a beautiful selection of vintage and preloved items. There is an excellent range of high waisted maxi skirts and pretty pleated dresses that all look completely on trend, despite being wonderfully one of a kind. The gorgeous pieces are, surprisingly, quite reasonably  priced considering the quality of the items and the obvious amount of care and effort that must have gone into sourcing them all. However, for those of you that aren't lucky enough to live down under (like me!), the shipping costs are pretty high; roughly £15 on average, which is often the same cost as the garment itself.

Now, normally I wouldn't share my eBay lusts until having safely secured the item, but as I don't have the funds to make any purchases at the moment I thought I would show you my favourite two items on their shop at the moment.

Vintage Nude Beige Camel Sheer Floral Tiger Shirt Dress
If I was in paid employment I would snap up this beauty without a second thought! I am a huge fan of sheer shirts anyway, as they are perfect for throwing over a pair of jeans during the day or layered over a skirt in the evening, but the pattern and shape of this one is particularly stunning. I love how it is long(ish) enough to be worn as a dress; although I don't think I would be quite as risque as the model in wearing it over underwear and would probably wear it over a short bodycon dress instead.

Vintage Pastel Peach Pleat Maxi Mid Calf Dress w Sash
I also love the simplicity of this beautiful nude coloured midi dress. I normally shy away from longer length items, as they make such a huge statement, but I think the pleated detail gives it a casual twist that would make this dress perfect for dressing up or down.
For those of you lucky enough to have a few pennies in the bank at the moment, definitely head over to the One Of My Kind eBay shop or blog to have a proper browse as every item is a gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment