Saturday 15 January 2011

forward thinking

I managed to survive my first week back at work, after a lovely break at the start of the new year, and I've actually had a pretty positive few days! Somebody from You magazine (a supplement that comes free in the Daily Mail on weekends) got in touch with me to offer me some work experience later in the year which I'm really excited about; as a weekly publication it will be great to see how a magazine is produced from start to finish. I also have an interview on Monday for an internship at an events website based in Islington. I will fill you in on the details next week, as I don't want to jinx it! I have already had to submit a music review and some examples of my writing, so I'm hoping its just a case of whether they like me or not on the day! Fingers crossed.

My number one piece of good news, though, has to be the purchase of these BEAUTIFUL shoes!


I snapped these up in the Topshop sale for a bargainous £10, reduced from an original price of £70!!I have to admit that I am definitely not a natural in high heels, but these have a really chunky block heel which should help keep me upright! The suede finish and gold trim gives them a slightly retro look too, while the scalloped front means they will look great with thick opaque tights in the cold weather.

A quick heads up for anyone interested in fashion journalism, although I'm sure those of you with your finger on the fashion pulse will already be aware of this; ELLE.com have launched a competition looking for a fashion intern to join their team for six months! It sounds like a great opportunity, and I'm planning to spend the rest of the weekend working on my entry. You can find all the details on the website here; http://intern.elleuk.com/.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, that are SO nice! I would have definitely snapped them up...

    ReplyDelete